What Is a Vapor Barrier?
A vapor barrier is exactly what it sounds like – a thin sheet of material that keeps water vapor from infiltrating your home. There are a range of vapor barrier materials, such as polyethylene film, asphalt-impregnated kraft paper, or even just aluminum foil. A vapor barrier intends to keep out moisture that can cause mildew, mold and wood damage in your home.
You may have excessive moisture in your crawlspace, and therefore need a vapor barrier installation, if you notice:
- Paint peeling from the exterior of the home
- Standing water or mud on a dirt floor following heavy rains
- Indications of rust and rot in the crawl space
- Mold and mildew on first-floor walls
- High radon levels
Installation of a crawlspace vapor barrier is a project for a professional insulation contractor, even if it may seem like a DIY weekend project. Professional-grade vapor barrier materials are far more effective than retail products, and the installation process can present unexpected issues. Call Eastside Insulation at 425-482-2101 for professional installation of a crawl space vapor barrier.
How Does Vapor Barrier Benefit a Homeowner?
A crawlspace vapor barrier can prevent hundreds of gallons of ground water from entering your home and creating damage every year. The benefits of a professional vapor barrier installation include:
- Prevention of mold production
- Decreased pest and rodent attraction
- Reduced wood structure deterioration
- Exclusion of harmful gases, such as radon
- Energy cost savings
Call us for a free, no-obligation cost estimate for a vapor barrier installation. We can improve your indoor air quality, reduce energy loss and reduce wear and tear on your HVAC equipment.
Why Call Eastside Insulation?
As a professional insulation contractor since 1969, we know how to improve the air quality and structural integrity of your crawlspace. Many buildings of older construction feature vented, dirt-floor crawlspaces, which can promote moisture buildup. Our team can seal off your crawlspace with a professional vapor barrier installation, and even convert your crawlspace into a practical storage area with protection from mold and rot.
Eastside Insulation is locally owned and family operated, and we pride ourselves on:
- Trustworthy insulation contracting work since 1969
- Professionally trained technicians
- High-quality technology and state-of-the-art equipment
- A “no job is too large or too small” attitude
- Cost effective pricing and great value
Call Eastside Insulation at 425-482-2101 for high-quality vapor barrier installation that can help stop mold, structural wood rot and pest or rodent issues.